Insurances for Tenants

We are happy to announce that with our partnership with Reeds Financial we are able to offer a couple of insurances which will protect the rent should you not be able to work and contents insurance to protect your valuables if anything happens to them.

Rent cover

1 in 5 people rent the property they live in. And for many, this is a long-term option. We understand that a renter’s situations can change suddenly and more regularly.

  • 4.5 million households are privately renting.
  • Only 7% of renters have some form of personal protection.
  • 50% of all children born in 2018 were born into rented accommodation.
  • 30% of renters would be more likely to purchase protection if they had professional financial advice.

What would you do if you wasn’t able to work due to ill health? How would you be able to pay the rent?

With our partnership with Reeds Financial we can offer you a level of protection which would help answer them questions and be very affordable.

The Mortgage and Rent Cover can protect your monthly mortgage or rental payment should they be unable to work due to illness or injury.

The cover is a great option for those who are just getting on, or trying to get on the property ladder. It's also useful for clients with irregular earnings who may struggle to get traditional income protection. Mortgage and Rent Cover includes a number of features with them in mind:

  • Cover is based on your monthly mortgage or rental payment. The minimum amount of cover available is £100 and the maximum is £2,000 per month.
  • No financial underwriting is required upon application. You will just need to show you documentary evidence at application to show the regular mortgage or rental payment that they’re legally responsible for.
  • The Mortgage and Rent Guarantee means LV will guarantee to pay the full chosen amount of cover throughout the claim.
  • Includes a range of guaranteed increase options so you have flexibility to increase their amount of cover.
  • Includes access to LV= Doctor Services including remote GP plus more and our Member Care Line which offers legal advice and more.

Basing this on the average rent in Medway being £850 and the average tenant age around 34 and waiting one month before being paid out is £11.41 a month. This is based on a 12 month claim period. We can also do 24 month claim period which will be a £12.98. As you can see the cover is affordable

Get in touch with us if you would like to get a quote.

Tenants content insurance

According to research from Nationwide almost half of private tenants in the UK currently have no contents cover for their possessions. Landlords often have insurance to cover the property and potentially the fixtures and fittings but they aren’t responsible for insuring their tenants’ possessions.

More than two million privately rented households in the UK have no insurance policy on their properties, despite the contents of an average property amounting to £25,126, according to a new poll.

The gap in cover is shown in new research by Nationwide Building Society as it highlights the need to protect belongings in homes, regardless of whether they are owned or rented.

What exactly is tenants contents insurance and why do tenants need it? Simply put, contents insurance is there to help protect your possessions if anything happens to them. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your personal possessions could be stolen, damaged or broken.

By working with Reeds Financial we are able to help you get yourself covered and what’s more, contents insurance doesn’t cost as much as you might think. With policies starting from £11.72 a month.

Tenant’s Contents Insurance gives you a level of accidental damage cover as standard. Protecting you from accidental damage to certain household items such as televisions, video and audio installations, computer equipment and games consoles. However, this doesn’t include loss or damage caused by your pets.

The benefits below are included with your Tenant’s Contents policy, providing you with additional protection should you be held legally liable for costs or damages following a range of events. For instance, tenant’s liability cover could come in handy making sure you’re not left out of pocket if you’re held legally responsible for putting right damage caused to your landlord’s property.

To give you peace of mind, contents insurance ensures that, should the worst come to the worst and your personal possessions are damaged or stolen, you’ll have the means to cover and recoup the cost.

Additional extras:

Full Accidental Damage

Worldwide Belongings Cover

Tenant’s Legal Expenses Cover

Get in touch if you would like to know more on either of the insurances we have available to tenants.


Call us on 01634 361245