Please note that the stated rental figure does not include lettings fees. Upfront fees payable by tenants include:
Administration Fees (inclusive of VAT)
- £60 per tenant for administration fee
- £90 per tenant for referencing fee
- £60 check-in fee
- £180 drawing up the tenancy agreement
The administration fee includes drawing up the tenancy agreement. It also includes referencing, which will cover checking your credit status, employment status and current or past landlords. We will use this information to help assess the affordability of your tenancy application. In the event that you withhold information or provide inaccurate information you will not be entitled to a refund of the administration fees paid.
A deposit is approximately equivalent to a minimum of 6 weeks rent (a higher deposit may be required depending on circumstances).
Other fees that may be applicable are as follows:
- £120 - Guarantor referencing fee. This is charged per guarantor.
- £60 - Renewal fee. This fee covers the tenant’s share of the costs associated with renewing, extending or continuing a tenancy to an existing tenant. This is charged per property.
- £36 - Administration fee. This is charged for each letter/email sent by Medway Premier Homes regarding late or non-payment of rent or administration charges.
An additional deposit may be required for pets. This is approximately equivalent to a minimum of 1 weeks rent if the landlord is pet-friendly.
N.B. Administration and referencing fees are non-refundable. The deposit paid will be held by the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) and will be refunded within 10 to 14 working days at the end of the tenancy as long as there are no deductions or disputes. Should a dispute arise, the deposit will remain protected until any disputes have been agreed between the Tenant and the Landlord.
The stated rental amount does not include utility charges such as telephone, internet, gas or electricity. Nor does it include the cost of a television licence or Council tax. These charges will be the Tenants’ responsibility for the duration of the tenancy.